Saturday, September 7, 2013

My first week of school was really great, but also tiring. I was sick on Tuesday and Wednesday, but went to school anyway. I just had an icky cold, and plus on Wednesday was a half day so I came home and slept for four hours after school. I really like my class-they're all really nice and inclusive! The subjects are hard sometimes, because I don't know what's happening most of the time. The teachers are nice, but don't care so much to put up an extra effort for the exchange student. Most of the teachers don't even know all the names of their students. This is different from me, and I guess that's a part of going to a bigger school. The band in our school played twice this week because the secondary school students were touring the Kanti. It was really cool! I really like this school. After school Friday, Leandra, my mom, and I went to Saentispark. This is the coolest, nicest indoor swimming club ever. I love it so much, and I'll go again. I had so much fun with them! Today I had to wake up early to help my host family with this party lunch thing in the forest for Bruno's job. That was fun and pretty, but slightly tiring. Tonight, I'm going to hang out with people from my class. I'm excited!! On Sunday, if the weather is nice, I'll go to a smaller schwingfest, a typical Swiss event (and the national sport). It's Swiss wrestling basically. This is really short-that's because I don't have much time and have been having a blast!! Can't believe I've been here for a month.... Crazy!!

Thursday I baked M&M cookies for my family-they were a huge hit and my mom took some to her friend's birthday party. Some people from my school are doing a half marathon in November. I'm considering signing up!

Tuesday, Claudia and I had a ladies night with her and a couple of coworkers. We went into St. Gallen for really yummy food and my first Swiss fashion show! It was a lot of fun, even though I was a little sickly.

No comments:

Post a Comment